December 14, 2006
















Lover I Don't Have to Love

I picked you out / Of a crowd to talk to you / Said I liked your shoes
You said thanks can I follow you? / So it's up the stairs
And out of view / No prying eyes / I poured some wine
I asked your name you asked the time / Well it's two o'clock
Yeah the club is closed we're up the block / Your hands on me
Pressing hard against your jeans / Your tongue in my mouth
Trying to keep the words from coming out / You didn't care to know
Who else may have been here before / I want a lover I don't have to love
I want a girl who's to sad to give a fuck / Where's the kid with the chemicals?
I thought he said he'd meet us here but I'm not sure / I got the money if you got the time
He said it feels good I said I'll give it a try / Then my mind went dark
We both forgot where your car was parked / Let's just take the train
I'll meet up with the band in the morning / Bad actors with bad habits
Some sad singers / They just play tragic / Now the phone's ringing
And the band's leaving / Let's just keep touching / Let's just keep keep singing
I want a lover I don't have to love / I want a boy who's so drunk he doesn't talk
Where's the kid with the chemicals / I got a hunger and I can't seem to get full
I need some meaning I can memorize / The kind I have always seems to slip my mind
But you but you / You write such pretty words / But life's no story book
Love is an excuse to get hurt / And to hurt / Do you like to hurt?
'Cause I do I do I do
This didn't hurt me
Didn't hurt me
Oh this hurt me

No comments: